Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Best Post Ever!

My twins have never been ones to relish in the spotlight, so this footage is out of character. This talent show was put on while I was at a Relief Society activity, so clearly this was not scripted, nor would I have guessed the were capable of such artistic creativity. Each boy even has his own personal styple of "singing." Stu is more classical pop/rock and accompanies himself mostly on the air guitar. Wes's accompaniment is sometimes a kazoo, but his style is much more poetic in nature--very similar to the Mike Meyer's style in So I Married an Ax Murderer.

This is going to be a very long post because there are seven songs ranging from 30 sec. to several minutes. I will keep this post up for several weeks to give you time to watch them all. We are happy to hear your commetns, reviews, interpretations, and favorites. Also, they need a cool band name.

Just like many songs, it is difficult to understand them, so for your convenience I have included the lyrics--though they may not always be completely accurate. Also, watch for references to actual events and people.

Without further adieu, I'm proud to present....The Larsen Boys.

Anyway – by Stuart Larsen
Anyway I would,
Anyway I could,
Anyway I ever did,
Anyway I ever did,
Anyway, A‘g’in?,
Anyway-ay-ay-ay-gin,
Anyway, A’a’nyone,
Angie-way, Don’t like say,
Run away, D’day.

Dinosaurs - by Wes Larsen
A Dinosaurous
A Dragon
A T-rex
Or Spinasaurous
Stegasaurous
And T-rex

Cats and Spiderman - by Stu
Oh, I love cats
Oh, I love Aristicats,
I love ‘em,
He has ‘uhm.
Anyway, I am gonna have Spidermaaan!
I’m talking about Spiderman.
A kid has a spiderweb,
Anyway, it happe’ned,
Anyway, and we can make it stick on some buildings,
Anyway, he can stick on buildings!

Here I Go - by Wes
Here I go about Bumblebee,
Here I go, with Transformers,
Here I go, this is a really spooky song.
Wa’anan, (Woohoo!) with Spiderman,
Or Bumblebee, or a spiderweb,
Right Now!

Anyway Reprise - by Stu
Anyway, I ever did.
I love the Spiderman.
Anyway, he can stick on buildings!
Anyway, a’ a’ a’ – a’ wha’ hay’ hah’ hah’ hah’ hah’
Anyway, anyway, He can fight bad guys.
Anyway he can,
He is stick on buildings.
Anyway he can, whatever way he can go.
Anyway, Anjaway,
Anyway’ay, he can go!

This next one is rather dark in nature, and I almost considered not posting it. Maybe skip it, if you have small children in the room. (I'm kind of kidding, but kind of not.)

Very Very Spooky Song - by Wes
Bumblebee and me,
This is a very spooky song,
About Stu and you and Spiderman,
It’s a very spooky song about bad guys!
About bad guys.
I’ve got a spooky song to tell,
If we tell about the bad guys,
They’ll come out and kill you.
And if you tell them they’ll start a Spiderman coming through,
And (sound effects),
Yeah, I think I can do a Spiderman or a bad guy,
Or anything, I can do it,
Forever, right now.
This is creepy or a creepy song,
Or mean a bad guy (sound effect)!

Stu intros this song, claiming its not so long, but really its the longest of them all. Still I love every minute of it--especially Wes's input.

A Long Scary Song by Stu
Anyway, a scary song,
Anyway, its not so long.
Anyway, there’s bats hats,
Not so long,
So so scar’ar-y,
Ananan, its so scary.
You’re not gonna believe it,
Because its really scary,
Anyway, nanana.
I heard it,
A creepy sound,
Its like, “Squeek,” ba’ats,
Its like, “Crow, crow,”
Its like, “Raayrt,”
Are ye what, it can be a bear.
(It might…was be a pteranodon.)
No, a pteranodon can’t be in a forest.

Anyway and everyway.
Anyway, and only a T-rex.
(Raaarr.)
That’s not a T-rex, in the cave.
Anyway itself in ?? from the cave.
(Skeleton.)
Only yes, that is it.
Any skeleton can chase you.
And bats can chase you, too,
Bats can chase you, too.
Bats can chase you, too.

Only dogs like bo’ones.
And they like bo’ones.
Only a dog can help you.
(Ahhh! I got it. Dogs will eat the skeleton!)
Only a d’dog,
A dog can help you,
Only in the ca’ave,
Only when I was at Lagoon,
I went on the scary ride.

7 comments:

*Nicole* said...

haha your boys are so cute. Can you imagine what they will say in 15 years when they see that! I love it!!!

Kristin said...

That's hilarious. I love how Stu's favorite word is "Anyway" and Wes has long, creative dialogues/poems for songs! So fun! I also would like to see their reaction in 15 years.

Lisa said...

I think you have some next American Idols on your hands! Love it! These videos always make me smile!

Angie said...

Anyway is by far my favorite song. Colter and I loved them. Colter wants to post a couple on T-tube.

Camille said...

My boyz are so dang cute. That is out of their character. I think Wes is holding a microphone instead of a kazoo.

The Wilson Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Wilson Family said...

Okay- I am laughing so hard...they are so stinking cute! I loved them all..Gabe is into making up awesome songs too...maybe he could audition to be part of the band:)