Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Bedroom

I have home makeover ADD. After I finished Marlee's room, I thought I'd take a break from re-doing things, but I just couldn't help myself. This one I'm most proud of my "finds." The dresser & nightstand, drawer pulls and baseboards I got off of KSL for a killing. Much of my decorations were from the DI and Family Dollar that turned out great with a bit of paint. The bedspread and shams were on clearance. The throw pillows I already had, but just recovered them with material that was actually for curtains. My headboard was free (delivery and all) from my neighbors. It was an old door in their basement, which I painted and trimmed to size. Big thanks to Jed and my mom who were so willing to help. Plus, Stu and Marlee (shown below) were great to pitch in as well. Here are the before and after pictures:



Stu helping me paint the mirror.

Before: Nightstand

Nightstand and dresser after I sanded.

Painted

After

Before: Original dresser

Sanded

Painted

After
Before: Bedroom View A
(Notice the wood door to your right--that's what later became my headboard.)

After: Bedroom View A

Before: Bedroom View B

After: Bedroom View B
(I included Marlee in both pictures to show that she has aged a little, but not too much.)


Done!

I won't tell you my next project, but lets just say it includes the purchase of several power tools for Christmas!

3 comments:

Claire said...

Impressive!! I wish I had your ambition.

The Wilson Family said...

Amazing Desi...you are way talented and I too am addicted to furniture restoration/redecorating - so fun!

Sherri said...

Wow Desi! Your bedroom looks great! I love the colors you chose too. You are getting very talented at this remodeling thing :)